Sunday, October 24, 2010

Revisions

The revision process takes a lot of time and effort when writing a paper. The process of revising a paper is important and should not be skipped. Many people think that by spending a few hours on a paper makes the paper good without revising. This is not true at all. Everyone makes mistakes and every paper has mistakes. My first draft of the ad analysis was terrible. The hardest part for me is thI made many corrections of my own before having other people revise my paper. Analyzing a text is the hardest type of writing for me. This could be because I am not as familiar with it. This year was the first time I had to write one. It has taken me multiple times looking over my analysis to make it half way presentable. After I revised my paper I thought that maybe my paper was good enough to turn in. I thought wrong, I had three other students revise my paper and it seemed like every sentence had at least one mistake. My typed paper had handwritten corrections all over. I now realize that it takes three to four drafts before a paper is even close to being a final. I also learned that I need to work on my transitions. Although the revision process takes time, in the long run you will end up with an improved paper. No matter how many times I revise my papers, there is always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment