Sunday, October 24, 2010

HaLlOwEeN

As a child trick or treating was the highlight of the fall season. Everyone would go around saying,"trick or treat, smell my feet. Give me something good to eat." Halloween is a time where children of all ages dress up and go through neighborhoods collecting candy from their neighbors. I love the fall season and halloween. In eighth grade I had my tennis team over for an end of the season/ halloween party. Halloween wasn't for another two weeks. I told everyone to dress in a costume and we went on a scavenger hunt. The objective was to split up in two teams and walk house to house asking for items on a list, the first team done were the winners. My team went up to a house two streets down from mine and rang the doorbell. We could hear a lady panic as she approached the door with bananas. "I had no idea today was trick-or-treat," said the neighbor. She must have made her parrot panic too because there was bird poop all over her shirt. That night was one of my favorite memories of halloween. When I was little I remember the "Thriller" video being played every halloween. I would freak out every time Michael Jackson turned into a werewolf or a zombie. I also remember going trick-or-treating with my crazy family. We would always fill our pillow cases full of candy and eat all of the candy in less than a week. Every dentist's nightmare! I look forward to halloween every year.

1 comment: