Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Change WSU

I love Wright State University but I don't like that there isn't a football team. By adding a football team Wright State would bring in more people. When students walk around Wright State with clothing supporting other colleges the staff gets offended. People would wear more Wright State clothing if Wright State actually had a football team. Growing up, I would go to The University of Toledo football games with my family. I remember going to my uncle's house before the homecoming games for a tailgate. Toledo football games always brought my family together. Last week, a few of my friends gathered together to watch the OSU game on television. We sat in front of the television cheering for OSU as they lost against Wisconsin. We were all wishing that it was Wright State we were cheering for. Starting a football team is extremely expensive but in the long run I do believe it pays off. Football is the number one sport in America. A lot of people haven't heard of Wright State but more people would know about it if there was a football team. Other than not having a football team, I think that Wright State is an amazing school. I am pleased with the fact that Wright State University does have a basketball team. I plan on supporting Wright State by going to as many athletic events as possible. Let's go green and gold!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. i love the team spirit that you display in this blog! and although i'm not a sports fan, i totally agree with you - wsu football would be awesome and would promote a sense of pride for the university. good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should have a football team too! And I completely agree with you and think that it would bring many more students here and that it would definitely be worth it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete